You have seen the posts on facebook about making a jar and putting in notes all during the year of things you are thankful/grateful for. Well…. we did that this last year:
We read the notes on our way to our New Year’s Eve Celebration. Here is what was in the jar:
(in no particular order)
– Esther sorted 6 totes of shoes
-Liz got a 1 at Solo and Ensemble
-Liz took 2nd in the 400 free (Jan. 8, 2013)
-Thankful for Esther’s kind and generous heart!
-mom lost weight, dad is trying
-Lydia got a 1 at Solo and Ensemble for her flute trio, and her choral ensemble also got a 1 (the only 1 in the school)
– Liz had a personal best on her 500/400 as sectionals
-House of Anubis is now on 4 days a week
– we got another cat (hopefully) – NO WE DID NOT!!!
-Tricia set up Wayne’s smartphone, a BIG help
-One Direction (yes, again…. I think someone is really thankful for them! LOL!)
– Thankful for Lydia’s hard work at swimming
-Kevin gave Abi a car
– Esther won a penguin poster (sadly the cat ate that poster a few weeks later)
-a car from Kevin and Cousin Jim to repair it
– Mom got a GS award in spring 2013
– Liz worked hard pulling weeds
-Jim fixed Abi’s minivan
– orthodontics, so our teeth will look good!
– Abi goes back to school
– we can almost get a car in the garage (and then brother Pete filled up the space when he moved, but now it is almost empty again and we DID fit a car in – but just grandma’s little Kia Soul)
– Thankful for the wise choices Liz is making during High School
-Lydia’s band and choir got a 1 at contest
-Thankful for Abi’s stick-to-it-iveness in college
-toys and games
– Esther spent almost 24 hours with Mia
– Wayne got a full time job
– Panic! at the Disco (I’m told it is music?)
– a nice hike at Wanake
-$3 fuse fixes the microwave
-I had one of the best years at camp. ❤ – Lydia
– Danisnotonfire and Amazing Phil (I’m told they are people on Youtube)
-Patricia for thinking of this great idea (but really it was on facebook first, 😉 )
– spending 2 days at Auntie Lois’
-Abi home on break to run “mom” errands
-food, shelter, etc.
– House of Anubis started again. 🙂 (Well maybe not “good” for the family though?)
-Abi did a lot to help drive her sisters around during her Xmas break
– a working microwave and food to cook in it
-Liz hasn’t crashed the car yet!
– Liz band 3-peat at OMEA state finals – and they got a 1 this year!!!
– good weather for the spring campouts
-thankful for Tricia’s care of her mother during this time of need (her broken shoulder)
-Liz got her driver’s license
– I love my slippers and was very surprised!
-Fair winners (everyone won ribbons at the fair!!)
Yes, we will continue this for 2014! Hopefully there will be at least the same amount of things to be thankful for next year!!