Leaf Frame

You can use this leaf frame for any project.  I used it to eventually frame a pumpkin patch for my Nightmare Before Christmas Afghan.


Final frame is roughly 17″ x 21″ – but can stretch nicely to a bit larger.

Leaf Frame



Nightmare Before Christmas Friends

Here is the third square in my Nightmare Before Christmas Afghan.


This square is knit instead of crochet.  However, if you don’t knit.  You could follow the chart and do it in single crochet.




Here are the links to the other 2 corner-to-corner (C2C) patterns:


Jack Skellington



Enjoy!  Please share your projects so I can add photos to my Ravelry page.




Garden … getting there

I worked in the garden a bit more today.


I still have a long way to go and, unfortunately, mulch has not magically appeared.    😦




Planted this phlox today.



Unearthed this plant… my mom knows what it is called, I can’t remember.  Maybe coral bells?



Planted this today.  It is supposed to have pink flowers later in the season.



I’m not sure where this came from.  I don’t ever remember seeing it before, but I’m sure it will be lovely.


I need someone to either confirm or deny that these are the leaves for the coneflowers.  I know I have some, but I don’t know if these should be saved or pulled.



This bush is looking nice.



These flowers are doing great.



There you have it.  Today’s garden tour.



Mandala Afghan

I have recently been enjoying doing Mandala style afghans.  I did one last year in many colors:




This year I have started one in just blues and greys.  It brings to mind an Obstreperous Ocean (aka Stormy Sea).


This slideshow requires JavaScript.


This one is already 48 inches in diameter and there are still 9 weeks to go.   This one will end up round (according to the creator).


I have some other Mandalas I need to work up into a wedding afghan to have on hand for nieces/nephews weddings.  I also have another mandala afghan I’d like to do… I’m thinking of taking that one to work on while on vacation next month.


This is a fun process because you are doing different stitches that work together to make something very creative and unique.


I’d love to see one done by knitting instead of just crocheting.  I’m contemplating that.   🙂




Halloween Moon

I have completed and uploaded the graph/chart for Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween Moon with Jack and Sally in Silhouette.



This was done in mini (hdc) corner-to-corner (C2C) stitch with a G hook.  The finished product is approximately 36″ x 44″.  Easily large enough for a lapghan with a border attached to it.


I will be adding it to 3 other squares for a larger throw/afghan.



Garden Part 1 – 2016

The sun came out for a bit, so I did tackle some weeding and planting of the new plants I bought for myself for Mother’s day… yes… you read that right.  I bought them for myself.       😦


I can’t show you the “before” because I didn’t take a photo, but here is the pile of weeds I pulled out in just 1/2 of the first flower bed.



I conquered 1/2 of it.  I still need mulch (clearly).  I did not weed at the front around the tulips.  I want to wait till their leaves are dead so I don’t disturb the bulbs when I pull the weeds out around them.



This little plant keeps holding on.  It really shouldn’t be in a sunny garden, but it keeps coming back, not growing much, but holding its own.DSCF1381[1]


I think this is one from my mother.  It looks kind of sad.  I’m pretty sure that my mother wants to give me more of this from her garden this year.



This plant came from my brother a few years ago.  It is doing well.  It has purple flowers on it later on in summer.



I bought this one, just because it had cool purple flowers.   If you really need to know what it is I can walk back out and read the tag.



I bought this one this year.  It has cool leaves and will have pink flowers later on.  DSCF1385[1]

I bought this new this year.  I brought one with me when we moved here but it didn’t survive.  This is one of my favorite garden perenial flowers:  Bleeding Heart.



This plant came from my brother as well.  It does fabulously.  It will have purple flowers on it.  It will also provide shade to the pond.



In the part of the garden I didn’t get to… there is this little plant struggling along.DSCF1388[1]


And this bush that had pink flowers.  DSCF1389[1]


I have 3 more plants to plant in this bed and, of course, mulch.  We won’t mention the weeds and more weeds that are on the front patio area…. UGH!